Seedway is headquartered in Hall, New York with branches in Pennsylvania, Florida, Vermont, Maine, and New York. Seedway has about 220 employees (including seasonal workers) and approximately 15,000 customers. The cooperative does business in farm, vegetable, and turf seed. Seedway is part of the GROWMARK System, an agricultural cooperative serving more than 100,000 customers across North America and Ontario, Canada.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Responsible for working closely with the Sales Manager to provide support to Northern Farm Seed Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides field support of product placement and agronomic practice recommendations.
- Provides trouble shooting support
- Responsible for field checking production fields and developing protocols.
- Works with sales manager to provide up to date marketing solutions to remain relevant in the market place
- Provides leadership for the implementation of technology and precision agriculture
- Provides assistance with new technologies and services
- Participates in selected sales activities, i.e. customer meetings, trade shows, sales meeting to keep abreast of sales trends and sales environment
- Maintains a current knowledge of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends
- Completes all reports as required
- Works with Microsoft Office products and other proprietary software to enhance business processes and maximize efficiency
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Normally requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, marketing, or other related discipline and a minimum of 2 years experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to demonstrate strong reasoning ability to solve practical problems and handle customer and/or operational issues
- Demonstrated GROWMARK core competencies including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making, and skill development
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to travel independently and overnight
- Must be willing to work hours beyond those considered “normal”
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.