The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. Our Simplot Grower Solutions currently has a Crop Advisor Internship available at our Caldwell, Idaho location.
Simplot Grower Solutions (SGS) Overview:
The SGS mission is simple: 'Delivering Solutions to Growers'. With nearly 80 retail locations, 160 Crop Advisors and a full line of crop inputs, Simplot Grower Solutions is your one-stop resource for agricultural supplies and precision agronomy services.
What's in it for you?
This internship opportunity is designed to provide a realistic job preview and lay the solid foundation necessary for future employment as a Simplot Crop Advisor. This is your chance to learn firsthand about agronomic issues that impact yields and profitability and how to best serve the grower's needs in their particular growing area.
- Soil sampling, plant sampling, product testing, product applications, and field scouting in production agriculture areas.
- Assisting crop advisors with crop care activities to also include computer input of fertilizer application tracking, scouting reports and other spreadsheets as needed.
- Operation of application equipment and other duties as assigned.
- Developing thorough knowledge and understanding of our computer programs, product deliveries, inventory tracking, and safety requirements.
From Semester end through August or September.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (preferred)
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university and completed at least freshman year
- Valid driver's license
- A farm background or some experience on a farm
- Overtime and weekend work during busy season
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.