Provide Support to the winemaking staff in the harvest season, with an emphasis on technical support and special research projects.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Assist the winemaking staff in research and routine projects including running trials and statistical analysis.
- Assist the winemaking staff in monitoring harvest cellar activities and fermentations.
- Perform various laboratory procedures as needed in support of winemaking projects.
- Miscellaneous cellar duties when necessary, including technical support and quality assurance of wine processing.
- Maintains current knowledge of wine industry practices with emphasis on technological advances.
- Responsible for understanding Quality Management System related activities, including the quality policy and ISO awareness.
- Education – Minimum 4 years of college coursework towards Science or Enology degree
- Experience: 3 years of winery cellar or lab experience
- Able to perform physical labor as described above
- Available to work long hours, any shift and 6-7 days per week during crush
- Computer literacy (spreadsheet, database, e-mail and word processing programs)
- Valid California driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds
- Exposure to outside elements (heat, wet and/or damp conditions, cold)
- May require heavy physical work (lifting, bending, climbing, pulling, or squatting for long periods of time)
- Long hours during crush and peak periods (including all shifts)
- Work site may be any one of Trinchero Family Estates’ facilities
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.