PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Assists the Plant (Location) Manager with the operations of the assigned location including scheduling, logistics, product handling, application services, and customer satisfaction. Assists in the development and implementation of plans that maximize location profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedules and performs maintenance of assigned equipment, rolling stock, and facilities
- Leads personnel to follow all safe operating procedures and regulations
- Sets up material handling, blending, storage, transport and application equipment for blending and delivery of products. Blends products according to recommended rates and procedures.
- Responsible for the inventory control and turns in application records on a daily basis. Assures all product is accounted for with either an invoice or delivery ticket
- Develops or assists and applies the skills necessary to hire, supervise, lead, and develop a staff of assigned employees
- Assists in the development and implementation of business plans that maximize location profitability
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports and contributes to total company goals and objectives through collaboration efforts.
- Responsible for maintaining the assigned vehicle according to company standards, adheres to the uniform policy, and maintains the appropriate professional image.
- Must be able to adapt & utilize technology vital to operations of the assigned location.
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Normally requires an Associate’s Degree in agricultural discipline, or the equivalent thereof, and 2 years or more of agronomy operations related work experience or farming experience to demonstrate knowledge to effectively assist in the management of the assigned facilities and personnel.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all applicable certifications, licenses, and permits.
- Ability to work extended hours and on-call as business conditions warrant
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Prefer an understanding of GROWMARK agronomy and/or energy operations.
Occasionally exposed or required to:
- Extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, snow, ice, etc.)
- Noisy conditions
- Working conditions may include dust, fumes, chemicals, and electrical hazards with appropriate safety measures
- May be required to work at varying heights
- Lift 51 - 70 lbs.
Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.