Supervise, plan and coordinate assigned maintenance and repair activities within the Park Management Division including park grounds and facilities; coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, outside agencies and the general public and provide highly responsible and complex assistance to the Parks Superintendent.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in agronomy, park management or a related field, plus three (3) years of park maintenance experience to include one (1) year of direct supervisory or technical lead experience in an administrative capacity.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
- Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Possession of a valid New Mexico Public Applicators license 3A & 3B within six (6) months from date of hire.
- May be required to work weekends with odd days off
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of a park management program
- Modern and complex principles and practices of purchasing
- Principles and procedures of record keeping
- Basic mathematical principles
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the work of lower level staff
- Select, supervise, train and evaluate staff
- Interpret and explain applicable City policies and procedures
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including a variety of City and other government officials, community groups, and the general public
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.