The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
The Cellar Worker assists the Cellar Supervisor and/or Winemakers with all day to day cellar operations. He/She has prior cellar experience, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, great communication skills, and attention to detail with thorough follow up. Job responsibilities to include but not limited to communicating work assignments and training to subordinates on all shifts to meet daily production needs in a safe and effective manner. This position requires keeping a very high quality standard with our winemaking protocols and contributing to improvements in quality, sanitation, efficiency and maintenance while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Maintains proper sanitation of tanks, equipment and facility.
- Possess the ability to understand production requirements via verbal and written instructions
- Barrel Work: Barrel sorting per work order, knows the difference of and can identify different coopers/vintages. Preps barrels including steaming and forklift driving. Trains temps on proper use of the steamer. Positions and organizes barrels in cellar for maximum efficiency
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthful work environment at all times, including teaching and enforcing safety rules
- Check items received, locate in appropriate storage area(s) and complete proper documentation
- Harvest Work including, but not limited to: Receives fruit, weigh master, press set up/operation and cleaning, pump/overs, dig outs, racking, lees filtering, yeasting, additions, barrel downs & rack outs, dig outs, shipping and meticulous cleaning.
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Maintain a good working relationship with all fellow employees
- Records and maintains accurate production records including accurate completion of work orders, conducting inventories, and maintaining Excel and AMS as Directed.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict the tasks management needs to be accomplished
- Ability to work at heights up to 45 feet
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, dump trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc.May include the operations of any or all processing equipment including refrigeration compressors, chillers and condensers
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Possess the ability to work in a fast pace environment under pressure
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to wear a respirator when working with SO2 gas or other airborne hazards
- Ability to perform confined space entry procedures and work safely in confined spaces
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various task in the production environment
- Possess at least 3 years of experience working within a winery
- Must have a well-developed attention to detail, including ability to keep accurate records
- Possess good verbal & written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess the ability to learn and develop computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel
- Display integrity, character and strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work overtime and any shift
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successfully pass all testing requirements
- Maintain excellent attendance and safety record
- Upon assignment, the Company may require First Aid, CPR, AED, Emergency Responder and/or other certifications as necessary
- Support and model all company procedures and policies
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values - Performance, Empowered and Cost-mindful, and keep them in mind when making all decisions
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.