Please review the job description below. Interested and qualified applicants can send a resume to Sherrie McAden, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Ranch Manager is accountable to manage and assist in the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the protection, maintenance and enhancement of the ranch facility including the grounds, lakes, buildings, houses, equipment, machinery, and cattle/wildlife for the benefit of the customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product of employees and contractors
- Demonstrate a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude with employees, customers and management.
- Constantly strive to improve the property, buildings and housing to better meet customer expectations
- Regular communication with Rosewood regarding property questions, issues, requests, etc.
- Develop budget and manage the property within the approved budget
- Secures estimates and cost quotes for contractor work
- Manage subcontractors and major capital improvement projects
- Review and approve vendors/contractors invoices
- Maintain complete and accurate property files and records, with an emphasis on documentation for future reference.
- Provide prompt, detailed and accurate general status reports
- 24-hour “on-call” status to deal with emergencies at the property
- Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance schedule program for equipment, machinery, buildings and houses
- Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices
- Manages the maintenance of the lakes on property for proper balance of the ecosystem to promote large black bass, hybrid striped bass and crappie. Consult with lake experts when necessary
- Manages the maintenance of peach and pecan orchards; and vegetable garden
- Manages the care and needs of the cattle on the property. Consult with experts when necessary
- Operates various tools and machinery such as: tractor, front end loader, dump truck, lawnmower, pull mower, weed-eater, chainsaw, jigsaw, brush cutter, drills, general tools
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Manages and coordinates the work of employees and contract labor who repair and maintain the property, buildings, houses, equipment and machinery.
- Must live on the property
- High School diploma or GED plus 5 years related experience
- Professional and customer service oriented focus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Experience with equipment and machinery
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.