Ideal candidate will love working in an outdoor environment and be able to operate various farming machinery and some heavy equipment.
In addition to ability to complete repairs, person will also periodically provide tours to VIP guest and visitors at the ranch in Somerville, TX.
The Ranch Handyman is a farm hand and maintenance expert who will:
- make repairs to the lodge and other facilities
- operate heavy equipment
- operate farming equipment
- perform general grounds keeping duties
- assist with various wildlife management projects
The BEST CANDIDATE for this job will have MOST of the following skills, education, and experience:
- Recent RANCH experience (preferably 2+ years)
- Some plumbing experience (1 to 3 years)
- Carpentry skills / ability to do woodwork
- Customer service experience (1 year)
- Electrical repair experience (1 to 3 years)
- Certification or vocational training in any of the above areas preferred
- Ability to demonstrate maintenance skill set
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of people
- Capable of withstanding long periods of physical exertion in an outdoor environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule (some evenings and weekends)
NOTE: Drug Screen and Background Check required
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.