Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to Landscape Architecture plus five (5) years of landscape architecture experience, two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity
Licenses or Certifications:
Registered Landscape Architect by the Texas Board of Architectural Examiners
Preferred Education and Certifications in the following :
- LEED or SITES Accredited Professional (AP)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Landscape Irrigation License
Preferred Experience in the following:
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing public sector projects to include writing Scopes of Work, preparing contracts and dealing with municipal permitting processes.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with AutoCad Software.
- Three (3) or more years of experience preparing and delivering presentations to executive-level management, public officials, and Boards & Commissions.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in construction oversight/ supervision.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with a strong emphasis in developing complex design concepts through construction documents in Park Planning and Development
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Affix seal as a Registered Landscape Architect to approve plans and construction of parks and green spaces.
- Conduct meetings. Attend meetings as section representative.
- Coordinate division/section activities with other divisions/departments and outside contractors.
- Draw plans, diagrams, graphs, tables, charts, maps, etc using drafting &/or drawing tools.
- Resolve work-related problems for subordinates.
- Write/draft legal documents, i.e. contracts, regulations, ordinance amendments, resolutions, etc.
- Serve as member of various committees, task forces, etc.
- Develop & evaluate plans, criteria, etc for variety of projects, program activities, etc. Manage division/section activities.
- Answer citizen questions & provide assistance.
- Layout/design complex landscape projects. Analyze data to discover patterns &/or discrepancies.
- Provide technical advice & assistance to field personnel, contractors, etc.
- Compile and calculate data/information for reports, cost estimates, etc.
- Develop department/division budget.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of the various plant materials.
- Knowledge of horticultural and arboricultural practices.
- Knowledge of the various characteristics used to identify a variety of plants and flowers.
- Knowledge of capital improvement programs.
- Knowledge of philosophy, goals, objectives, priorities and needs of landscape architectures and land planning.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Knowledge of construction project management techniques.
- Knowledge of the elements of budgeting.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems and maintenance.
- Knowledge of land surveying.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other City employees, the public and other public/private agencies.
- Skill in interpreting written documents including construction plans specifications and contract provisions.
- Skill in effective oral and/or written communication.
- Skill in the use of drafting and designing equipment and instruments.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing and interpreting research data.
- Skill in prioritizing tasks and/or work assignments.
- Skill in determining quality of materials, workmanship and construction methods.
- Skill in directing and assigning the work of others.
- Skill in planning and design processes for landscape architecture and land planning.
- Skill in preparing clear and concise written reports.
- Skill in determining and implementing group goals.
- Skill in planning, organizing and monitoring subordinate employee work assignments to accomplish unit objectives.
- Skill in developing and implementing short/long range plans.
- Skill in giving public presentations.
- Ability to explain and enforce City policies.
- Ability to identify a wide variety of plants and flowers.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.