- Maintains facility grounds and environment in a clean, attractive, orderly, safe and healthy conditions
- Performs general grounds work that includes, seeding, mowing, trimming, raking and planting flowers, trees, shrubs
- Mixes and applies pest control material in accordance with local and federal regulations
- Removes snow from pedestrian and vehicle areas
- May perform minor maintenance on roads, curbs, sidewalks, and storm drains
- May operate trucks and assorted power equipment
- Maintains and cares for hospital grounds: Mows lawns trim hedges, rakes and burns leaves and refuse and trim driveway and sidewalk edges.
- May plant and maintain flower beds and select bushes and flowers to be planted. Performs related duties.
- Prepares seeding or transplanting beds by cultivating soil and adding fertilizer or chemicals, if needed.
- Plants seeds and bulbs, tree seedlings, and shrubbery so that resulting growth will produce attractive appearance.
- Weeds and thins out flower beds. Inspects flowers, shrubs and trees for evidence of insects, fungi and other pests and sprays or dust chemicals on infected areas. Also sprays outside areas for insects.
- Digs up and stores bulbs and roots that would be killed by freezing or covers their beds with straw.
- Perform related duties: Adjusts and repairs equipment and lawn mowers, sprinklers, and hedge shears, using small hand tools such as screwdrivers, emery stones, wrenches and pliers.
- Shovels snow from sidewalks and driveways and spreads sand, salt or ashes to prevent slipping.
- Operates small tractor with attachments for cultivating, mowing and snow plowing.
- Performs related duties as prescribed by Engineering Director or Supervisor.
- Cleans penthouse, tunnels, sidewalks, wipes pipes down with cleaner.
- Cleans roof drains, sweeps lint off roof and other jobs as directed. Washes sidewalks with power equipment.
- Do other jobs as directed: Winter work, maintains wheelchairs (does PM work on them).
- Works on wheel chairs, installs and maintains sprinkler system.
- Could do general maintenance work if they had the experience and time.
- High school education preferred as a horticultural training and experience.
- One to three months on the job training.
- Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.