We are currently seeking highly qualified Seasonal Wranglers to join our Crazy Mountain Ranch in Clyde Park, MT.
The successful candidate will be a physically active, customer service and safety oriented individual with a strong western equestrian background to assist with the execution of equine related activities while providing exceptional guest service. The season last from early May to late August.
- Daily preparation of horses for trail rides and horse related activities, such as wrangling, grooming, bridling, saddling, training horses, driving teams and general ranch chores
- Instructing guests on basic horsemanship, assisting guests onto horses, guiding them on trail rides and conversing about the horses, Crazy Mountain Ranch and local flora and fauna to provide an exemplary guest experience
- Assisting in pre-season and continuous assessments and maintenance to ranch standards; of horses, tack, equipment, barn, corrals, trails and pastures and fences
- Assisting in daily herd health management, and identifying injuries or soundness issues prior to selecting horses for activities. Assisting in basic veterinary care and farrier work as needed.
- Focusing on safety of guests, self, co-workers and livestock while executing daily job duties
- Harnessing and driving teams of draft horses and transporting groups of guests to various activity locations
- Assisting with dispatching rides and assigning horses as needed
- Actively participating in and complying with all health and safety standards, regulations, and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic horsemanship knowledge (behavior, safety, and control) on and off the horse
- Basic horse care knowledge (injuries, illness, nutrition, soundness and hoof care issues)
- Ability to catch, halter, saddle, bridle and ride horses
- Must have effective communication, safety and customer service skills
- Team player who demonstrates good communication, interpersonal and collaborative leadership skills
- Possess general ranch maintenance skills such as fencing and equipment operation
- 3+ years of guest ranch, ranch or guiding experience
- 3+ years working within teams of individuals with common goals
- 3+ years of hospitality experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid drivers license and be 21 years of age or older
- Must complete Crazy Mountain Ranch’s CHA seasonal equestrian staff certification, team driving training, and First Aid/CPR training.
- Ability to get on and off a horse from the ground with ease and work from the saddle and/or the ground for up to 10 hours
- Ability to carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds for short distances and lift from floor to shoulder height up to 65 pounds
- Ability to work while squatting, bending and/or twisting for up to 3 minutes at a time.
- This location is located in a smoking environment
- This position will include work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions including extreme heat, extreme cold and precipitation
- This position is located at high altitude
- This position will require work on uneven terrain
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Client Services role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. At Altria Client Services we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.