This position is accountable for mixing, hauling, spreading, and applying liquid and dry fertilizer and farm chemicals in order to provide accurate and timely custom application for agricultural customers; this may include non-farm applications. The incumbent is responsible for a comprehensive understanding of product label specifications and operational procedures/standards for custom application. This position is accountable for excellent customer service in the office and on the field by using patience and guidance to explain the details of a product or the application process. The incumbent will trouble shoot or problem solve to make best practice recommendations. This position may be obligated to lead a team on a project or in the field.
The incumbent typically reports to either the Operations Supervisor or the Operations Manager along with the Application Coordinator, Maintenance Workers and other operation employees.
The following accountabilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy outlined in The Andersons' Statement of Principles:
1. Be a true leader and champion in establishing and maintaining a vision and required behaviors for our culture of ensuring human safety.
2. Deliver a courteous, pleasant and positive attitude in providing extraordinary service to all customers, coworkers and others ensuring open lines of communication.
3. Develop and maintain a basic knowledge of company products, services, policies and procedures.
4. Exemplify company safety standards by practicing safe work habits, participating in safety meetings, and reporting unsafe working conditions.
5. Accurately mix agriculture chemicals for custom application based on customer order while accounting for chemicals used for billing and inventory control purposes.
6. Operate various types of mobile equipment such as forklifts, pay loaders, bob cats, tractors, sprayers etc. after participating in facility specific and mobile specific training.
7. Haul, spread, and apply fertilizer and chemicals in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining/exceeding acceptable application acreage goals.
8. Develop, maintain and continually improve on the ability to scout farm fields in efforts to recognize various local weeds and insects to notify the agronomy sales/staff.
9. Complete and deliver timely and proper applicator logs, delivery paperwork, field application forms, and other paperwork to appropriate personnel and customers.
10. Conduct basic preventative, scheduled and emergency maintenance duties on equipment and facility, as needed.
11. Assist in regular facility duties, operations duties, and deliveries, as needed, to meet seasonal demands.
12. Retain all appropriate certifications or licenses, as required by supervisor.
13. Perform other related duties within job scope as assigned by supervisory personnel.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
• 1 - 3 years of applicable experience in a related discipline, Agriculture knowledge, a plus
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Commercial Applicator’s License, required
• Commercial Drivers License (CDL), a plus
• The incumbent must develop and maintain knowledge of application equipment and custom application processes
• The incumbent must possess strong PC and computer skills, high degree of human relations, verbal and written communication and have working knowledge of basic math conversions
• Work in a team setting
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to frequently lift/push/pull up to 60 pounds.
• Must be able to climb/stoop/kneel at heights up to 100 feet.
• Works in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
• Working conditions could include: dust, fumes and noise.
• Daily travel required.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.