The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Operations Supervisor position available at our Agribusiness SGS location in Burlington, CO.
Simplot Grower Solutions (SGS) Overview: The SGS mission is simple: "Delivering Solutions to Growers". With over 100 retail locations and a full line of crop inputs, Simplot Grower Solutions is your one-stop resource for agricultural supplies and precision agronomy services.
Summary: Experienced supervisor responsible for selecting, training, and supervising crew in performance of maintenance, warehouse, delivery and/or daily operations of the Unit.
· Supervises and performs equipment and plant maintenance work, loading and delivery of product to customers, receiving and unloading, warehouse inventory and storage functions, and/or duties related to the appropriate application of chemical and fertilizer products such as calculating product amounts and calibrating equipment.
· Ensures manpower needs for functional area are provided for by selecting, coaching, training, and managing performance of crew. Monitors safety policies and procedures to ensure regulatory requirements are met. Organizes day-to-day operation and determines work practices and procedures to optimize utilization of resources.
· Assists management in planning equipment purchases and facility improvement.
· Performs record keeping functions related to inventory, scheduling, parts ordering, employee files, etc.
· Associate's Degree (A.A. or equivalent).
· Five plus years related experience and/or training.
· Advanced expertise relating to the assigned functional area, in specific technological areas which would include: mechanical, equipment, record-keeping.
· Familiarity with farming environments, knowledge of chemical and fertilizer requirements and application techniques, knowledge of geographic area including types of crops and farming requirements and cultural practices would be helpful.
· Incumbents typically have experience in the industry. Experience within Grower Solutions.
· Demonstrated supervisory, planning, organization, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
· Ability to maximize productivity within a team environment.
· Proactive in providing customer service and support beyond typical operational needs.
· Analysis and problem-solving abilities to deal with out-of-the-ordinary assignments.
· Works independently under general guidelines.
· Incumbent uses established procedures, customer needs, goals, and supervisor’s direction to set priorities.
· Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
· Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.