Sunrise FS is headquartered in Virginia, Illinois with branches in Mason and Cass counties. Sunrise FS has about 200 employees (including seasonal workers) and approximately 2,500 customers. The cooperative does business in agronomy, energy, grain, tires, irrigation, and retail. Sunrise FS is part of the GROWMARK System, an agricultural cooperative serving more than 100,000 customers across North America and Ontario, Canada.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Under the direction of the Location Manager, this position is responsible for the receiving and loading of grain in a safe and profitable manner. This person will perform duties that maximize the operating efficiency at the location and profitability of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains positive customer relations at what is typically the first point of contact with the producer
- Actions and personal appearance project a favorable image of the company
- Understands grain quality and grain conditioning
- Utilizes best management practices for inventory control
- Responsible for the safe and efficient use of material and machines
- Maintains equipment, facilities and other company assets in a safe, neat and professional manner
- Performs loading activities at the elevator, following outlined procedures by truck, rail, or by barge, sometimes on short notice
- Performs operational barge loading procedure
- Performs proper grain grading and blending practices
- Assists in maintaining records and reports necessary to comply with government requirements
- Assists Location Manager in operational expense control
- Supports other locations and departments as needed
- Inspects handling equipment and grain inventory at varying heights using ladders
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to answer the phone and greet walk-in customers
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Normally requires a high school diploma, or equivalent; and at least two years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience to demonstrate industry knowledge, computer proficiency, problem solving skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours during harvest and other high grain shipment periods of the year
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Frequently works in extreme weather conditions including (Heat, Cold, Wet, etc)
- Occasionally works at elevated heights
- Frequently lifts between 51-70 lbs
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.