Landus Cooperative is seeking an individual to supervise the daily operations of the grain at a spoke or hub facility which provide services to other locations, which include but are not limited to personnel, inventory, and physical assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Perform in the following duties in grain operations:
* Understand grain flow within facility and where everything is located. Bins, equipment, rolling stock, etc.
* Responsible for the timely loading of 100-car shuttle trains.
* Perform inventory at location.
* Perform entries in PM programs
* Create and develop the location P/L with the location manager
* Assist with budgeting and capital expense processes
* Maintain housekeeping of all grain, agronomy, shop and office facilities and follow the QMS procedures
Perform the following duties in agronomy operations:
* Understand and efficiently operate dry fertilizer plants, chemical containment buildings, and NH3 plants.
* Understand customer licensing requirements for restricted-use pesticides
* Understand the capabilities and limitations of equipment (floaters, rogators, tool bars, etc.)
* Maintain and understand records of chemical repackaging agreements and shuttle record keeping
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May directly supervise up to 10 employees in the operations department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have or be able to obtain grain grading and weighing, pesticide applicators, and handler’s license. Must have a Class A CDL with applicable endorsements or be able to obtain one.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.