Childhelp, a premiere Residential Treatment Facility and group home in the hills above Beaumont, California has an immediate opening for a Ranch Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Childhelp Ranch including, but not limited to, ensuring the health and well-being of the horses and other domestic livestock; provide recreational ranch and riding opportunities for the children that reside at Childhelp; ensure the cleanliness of the barn, stall and paddocks with regular and daily cleaning; perform repairs and maintenance on the ranch property including fences, stalls, paddocks, arenas and other ranch facilities; mow and maintain pastures and other landscaping around the ranch; use, maintain and repair small tools and machinery; maintain par levels of feed, hay and other ranch necessities; work collaboratively with and provide guidance, mentoring and direction to the ranch hand and other Childhelp staff regarding ranch safety and care of the animals; and perform other ranch duties as needed to ensure that the children at Childhelp have enjoyable and positive ranch experiences.
Know that the Ranch at Childhelp is a recreational property that provides fun and engaging activities for the children that reside on the property. This is not a working commercial ranch. This is a unique opportunity for a ranch manager that enjoys working with and caring for livestock and domestic farm animals, as well as with children that have severe emotional and behavioral challenges.
Work schedule is full time, Sunday through Wednesday, 10 hour shifts.
The qualified candidate:
1. Will be age 21 or older.
2. Have a current and valid California Driver’s License with no restrictions
3. Must receive fingerprint clearance through the DOJ, FBI and Child Abuse Index.
4. Have a high school diploma or equivalent; an Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Animal Sciences or related field is preferred.
5. Have at least three years’ experience working with horses in a ranch setting and one-year experience working with children giving riding instruction and teaching how to work and interact with animals. Five years’ experience preferred.
6. Have applied knowledge of hand tools and machinery.
Accepting online applications only. Due to a high call volume, please do not contact us by phone to follow up on your resume submission. Your online application will be reviewed and, if selected, you will be contacted for an interview.
Childhelp offers eligible employees a comprehensive health benefits program, 403(b) retirement savings plan, as well as, the opportunity to purchase insurance at group rates.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.