Assist the Winegrowing Team in collecting representative wine grape samples from Estate & Grower vineyard blocks :
• Per the sampling schedule established by the Viticulturist and/or the Director of Winegrowing, collect an average of 15 wine grape samples daily during the Harvest period from both internal and external grape supply.
• Follow daily sampling schedule and sampling protocol
• Maintain excellent communication with the Viticulturist on sampling needs of the Department.
• Communicate daily to DC Grower Relations field observations.
Prepare sampled wine grapes for Crushpad Lab processing :
• Utilize resources provided by Lab to accurately
• Utilize resources provided by Lab to process wine grape samples for Brix, pH, TA and Malic analysis
• Daily data entry of all results to Winemaking Harvest Maturity Database
Assist the DC Viticulturist with the crop estimation/pest scouting/visual vine-block assessment process as needed.
• High School diploma required
• Advanced degree in Viticulture & Enology preferred
Professional experience & know how:
• Good organizational and communication skills.
• Computer skills (Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Access).
• Maturity sampling experience preferred
• Lab analysis experience preferred
Technical & management skills:
• Valid CA drivers license Class C minimum with a clean record.
• Ability to work well within a team environment and ability to be self guided and independent when needed.
• Ability to work in vineyard conditions: flat and steep terrain; uneven ground conditions, wet, cold, and hot conditions, wind, dust, dirt, pesticides, etc.
• Ability to operate an automobile and an ATV (Honda Quad 4x4 all-terrain vehicle)
Personal & interpersonal skills:
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Ability to work well within a team environment and ability to be self-guided and independent when needed.
• Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.