Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Growth Graduate Scholar, are to:
- Provide administrative and technical support to Seed Growth Product Development Managers on field trial protocols. With supervision and training, eventually become responsible and take ownership for the development of seed treatment field trial protocols. Must also interpret trial data, report results, and provide recommendations related to new market opportunities and/or positioning of current products to the appropriate management;
- Support Field Development or Technical Service by providing training on products in the pre-project and project phases and assisting with product efficacy and benefit demonstrations for the sales force and their customers. Make presentations within Bayer CropScience and on occasion to external customers for product training or at scientific meetings;
- Provide direct and indirect support to sales and marketing, with indirect support being most frequent. Direct support is provided by participating in training of BCS personnel, technical review of current, pending, and proposed new product labels; and interaction with Product Development, Marketing, Sales, and Regulatory personnel. Indirect support is provided through frequent interaction with Technical Service Reps, new product development, and new use discovery for current products. Impact is primarily focused in RTP Research Triangle Park Raleigh, NC;
- Network with peers from Technical Service, Product Development, Regulatory, Formulations, and Marketing to identify new business opportunities and explore means to capitalize on these opportunities and to optimize Bayer CropScience resources;
- As required, support and assist Field Development or Technical Service Representatives in the conduct and establishment of trials. As appropriate, tour field trials, assist in ratings, and provide feedback on trial results;
- Maintain an active status in appropriate professional societies and industry groups.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must have a minimum of a thesis-based M.S. degree in biological or agricultural science, such as entomology, plant physiology, agronomy, plant pathology, seed science, etc. with some experience in the design, implementation, and evaluation of field research for pesticide efficacy evaluation. Extensive field experience is not required as this position is intended to provide opportunity for training;
- A working knowledge of two of the four market segments;
- Good communication and human relations skills are necessary to perform the duties of the position, influence decision makers and project a positive Bayer Crop Science technical image;
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work load according to relative importance to Bayer sales and company objectives;
- The Graduate Scholar must maintain competency and knowledge of biological organisms, current plant protection trends, competitive products, and advances in testing procedures to consistently improve the quality of the research program and to expedite the advancement of potential new compounds;
- Basic computer skills especially with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Incumbent must have expertise in a pest control discipline and functional knowledge of all key crops and pests within the development region is essential.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.