As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
Management and execution of all phases of sunflower seed production for sunflower to ensure a high quality, reliable, and timely supply is delivered to the facility. Foster an operational culture founded on HSE and process improvement. Actively engage and provide technical expertise with seed growers, and production research for seed multiplication
Core to All Roles
• Geographically contract required production acres with seed growers to maximize yield, minimize freight costs and deliver seed meeting quality specifications
• Maintain a grower evaluation system to drive increased yields and quality
• Understand species and variety characteristics, seed quality standards, PLC advancement priorities, and crop delivery requirements to optimize seed availabilities
• Follow processes regarding agronomic issues in production fields including, weed and insect programs, and timely field inspection programs. Make pesticide and agronomic recommendations to optimize yield and COGP
• Coordinates harvest activities to meet conditioning schedules in conjunction with Plant Operations
• General administrative management duties including signing grower contracts, collecting – preparing – inputting data for reports, pricing and managing disposition of harvest
• Foster an operational culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE and other corporate policies, procedures and guidelines. Active leadership in the “Goal Zero” campaign
• Work with PPT or other specialists to test/implement new production concepts
• Remain current with latest production technology and develop specialized skills (i.e. systems, data analysis, equipment maintenance, fertility, irrigation mgmt, etc.) to support seed growers
• Coordinates with Plant Management Team to set schedules, determine workforce needs, and training staff
• Cross functional knowledge and experience of plant activities: conditioning, treating, packaging, and warehouse and distribution activities
• Work in conjunction with site internal Quality Lab and personnel to ensure high quality seed is delivered to the customer
• Supervise employees and third party personnel as required
• Coordinate and supervise rogueing of fields to ensure genetic purity of seed
Critical success factors & key challenges
• Meet crop plan targets while maintaining high quality production
• Achieve annual COGP and HSE targets
• Proactive professional working relationships with seed producing vendors
• Assessments, implementations, and execution of important business strategies relating to consistent supplies of high quality and sufficient quantity seed products
• Individual skill assessments and developments
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or related field; equivalent professional experience and/or training in addition to the experience requirement will be considered
· At least 2 years’ of experience related to crop production
· Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) preferred
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
· Two years current position preferred. Candidates who have been in their current position a minimum of one year will be considered if they have the approval of their current business unit leader and hiring business unit leader.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.