If you are excited about working in a challenging and rewarding work environment, please consider a part-time Tasting Room position with Oliver Winery. We are looking for team-oriented individuals with customer service focus and an interest in wine. Because we are a manufacturer and retailer of wine, our work setting is unlike any other. You will be surrounded by hard working, success-oriented individuals, state of the art winemaking equipment, and a high quality product that brings joy to many people. We combine ongoing training and education to make you an expert on Oliver wines and the winemaking process. Our goal is to make and sell great wine and have a great time doing it!
We will be conducting interviews for open Part-Time Tasting Room positions the week of March 20th. Offers will be made the week of March 27th.
Please note: Individuals who are hired for the current "class" of Tasting Room Staff must be able to attend mandatory new staff training on Friday April 7th, Sunday April 9th, Friday April 14th, and Saturday April 15th.
- Greeting customers promptly and courteously.
- Guiding customers to wines they enjoy.
- Setting up and cleaning up daily operations and special events.
- Stocking wine and retail merchandise in the tasting room.
- Accurately performing daily inventory and money handling procedures.
- Offering tours of the wine making facility.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
- Experience in retail or customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day.
- Solid math skills.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, primarily evenings and weekends.
- A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
- Because of the nature of this position, must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to participate in team-oriented problem solving.
- Able to be responsive and flexible at last minute requests.
- High attention to detail.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interact well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Exhibit interest and appreciation for wine.
- Take ownership of responsibilities.
- Willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
Members of our Hospitality team will also possess the ability to:
- Actively, passionately seek out knowledge of wine and the Oliver wine portfolio
- Provide the highest level of service to customers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Engage and build strong relationships through active listening and clear, thoughtful communication and teamwork.
- Be flexible and responsive in a fast-paced customer-focused environment.
In addition, all successful winery employees will be able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
Typical Schedule: 10-20 hours per week mostly on weekends (Fri-Sun) until 8pm.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.