Under minimal direction assists in the planting, maintenance, and presentation of gardens throughout Three Rivers Park District.
As a temporary maintenance position, employment shall not exceed 26 weeks in a calendar year. Temporary maintenance employees are members of the Maintenance Collective Bargaining Unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and plants gardens as directed or assigned.
- Maintains desired plant materials by applying proper horticulture techniques, including weeding, cultivating, watering, monitoring for plants pests and diseases, mulching, seeding and sodding.
- Applies pesticides by hand in a safe and effective manner.
- Performs turf and landscape grounds maintenance functions, including mowing, trimming, aerating, refuse pick up, and related tasks consistent with established horticultural and golf course maintenance standards. Operates hand, riding, and tractor-powered turf maintenance equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates a variety of noncommercial driver's license equipment and power equipment, such as pickup trucks, dump trucks, cargo van, tractors, skid steers, utility vehicles, weed whips, and mowers.
- Performs routine maintenance on park maintenance equipment and accessories, such as greasing and lubricating consistent with Park District equipment maintenance standards. As assigned, paints, services, and repairs Park District facilities and accessories.
- Assists park guests by answering questions.
- Gives private tours of Park District gardens as needed or assigned.
- May provide limited work direction and training to seasonal and contracted staff on routine maintenance tasks as required.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
At least 18 years of age. Valid Class D Minnesota Drivers License upon appointment.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.