Large Horse breeding and training facility is looking for capable Grounds Manager to head maintenance department.
Applicants must have prior experience:
- Tasking employees, insuring job is completed as intended. Coordinate and report back to owners.
- Safe operation of farm equipment such as Backhoes, Tractors and attachments such as chippers, bush hogs, hay cutting and baling equipment.
- Safe operation of small equipment such as mowers, weed eaters, chain saws, pressure washers, drills etc...
- Handling horses or other livestock.
Daily and seasonal farm activities:
- Feeding, watering and mucking stalls (group effort)
- Chemical vegetation control along fence lines, around buildings, pastures, etc
- General landscaping and maintenance of green spaces
- Chemical fly control system maintenance
- Empty manure pit and spread manure
- Repairs to plumbing:water troughs, water hydrants as needed
- Winterization of pipes, water hydrants
- Fence and gate repair as needed
- Maintenance of trails and roads.
- Dragging arenas
- Maintenance of pastures and hay fields
- Ordering feed, shavings and supplies, receiving PO's
- Scheduling equipment service calls and keeping records
- Preparing property for events
Position is full time. 8am - 1pm Lunch break 2pm - 6pm 5-6 days per week.
2 weeks Vacation/year
Pay is monthly and rate is based on experience.
Living on site is not required. New three bedroom brick rental houses on fenced acre lots that include a fire place and appliances when available may be rented at discounted rate to Coves Darden Farm employees.
Applicants must submit a resume for consideration. If the resume does not reflect experience with horses and/or livestock please provide a cover letter with those details. Email subject Grounds Manager Applicant - email@example.com Any questions, please call Dorothea Darden 803-270-5912 Monday - Friday 8am -6pm
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.