Seeking Full-Time Ranch Operations Manager to manage day to day operations of a private 100-acre ranch in Vincent, Alabama.
Hire must be a highly motivated self-starter that is organized and possesses strong problem solving skills. Hire’s priority must be the Ranch’s well-being.
- Must be NON-SMOKER and DRUG FREE.
- Must be able to follow instructions and communicate effectively with ranch owner via text message or telephone calls.
- Must be highly motivated and able to complete projects with limited to no direct supervision.
- Must be honest and able to complete manual labor on a daily basis.
- Prior equine experience is a plus.
- Must have experience with skills related to ranch management / maintenance, carpentry, plumbing or electrical work and farm machinery.
- Must have experience towing trailer and driving tractors.
- Must be about to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Must have Driver’s License and clean driving record
Responsibilities will include:
- Keeping the grounds, roads and overall property well maintained and clean.
- Ensure that electrical, irrigation and plumbing systems are functioning and well maintained.
- Ensure that all equipment including tractors, trucks, tractor attachments, etc. are functioning and maintained.
- Assist owner with construction coordination of repairs and improvements at ranch.
- Daily feeding and watering of animals.
- Monitor health of all animals and bring health concerns to owner’s attention.
- May include management of additional workers.
- Any other items requested by owner.
- Constructing new and maintenance of existing fences.
- Ranch Truck provided for on-site transportation and business errands.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week. Also, must be available to feed / water on some weekends.
- Cell Phone supplied or cell phone allowance.
- The possibility of on-site housing.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
To apply: please contact: email@example.com
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.