WORKING FARM MANAGER ASSISTANT
Farm manager assistant will work directly with the farm manager, in regards to the planning, organizing, managing and maintenance of a large commercial apple orchard. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The farm manager assistant is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operational decisions & supervision of all field work, farm staff safety, training, and supervision.
- Work with the manager to assist with farm supplies, chemicals, fertilizer, EPM & all other farm related products.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of proper chemical storage, usage, disposal, and handling. Responsible for applying/ mixing chemicals and helping to determine a spray schedule when needed.
- Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity.
- Assisting in the assurance that farm activities comply with government regulations and agencies.
- Maintaining the knowledge and assisting in the application of health and safety standards across the farm.
- Maintaining education and awareness of updates in agriculture pertaining to apples.
- Maintenance oversight and helping to ensure all required posters and preparing for housing inspections to be in compliance with DOL and H2A regulations.
- Must be able to drive tractors, operate machinery, prune, spray fields, supervise apple picking, and become a certified pesticide applicator.
Please apply by email email@example.com
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Farm and Ranch Jobs.